NCAA Hoops Head

I guess with Poker taking over sports-viewing time, I'm not nearly the hoops head I used to be.

When I was kid, starting in about 6th grade I'd get sick the Wednesday before every NCAA and I don't think I've missed the opening two days of the tournament since. Even when I've been working I haven't been working.

I used to be able to name a player or two on every NCAA team. I'd watch all the conference championships and knew that shit cold. I used to win a lot of brackets back then. Could be like poker and on the variance side of things I ran good early and my knowledge didn't really apply.

Nowadays, I have to admit I'm just like the rest of bracket filler outers. I know a couple of teams pretty well, and have misinformed opinions about a lot of other teams.

I'll sit here and tell you I think Louisville is overrated in terms of winning it all, but unlike when I was a kid I got nothing to tell you why. I don't like conference champions as much as good teams that got a timely lesson losing in their conference tournaments for some reason. Still, all that is based on vague pyschology I don't have the library of viewing games in my mind I used too.

However, half an hour into the tournament and my bracket isn't shot yet. Maybe I'll be the luckbox this year.


www.gulfcoastpoker.net


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crapped on the Head and Kicked in the teeth part 2

Corona Virus Tips

Thank You!