New baby, New features coming, and New uses for my pecs

milk man
Lots of things happening at once in my life:

The biggest and most important is the birth of my second child.  Awesome. 

I have a daughter now and she's a late night partier.  Yes, up all night, sleeps all day which hopefully won't be repeated in her college years.  My wife, who has become a vending machine, somehow seems to do 100 things in a day and not get any sleep.  She's up substantially more than me because, well, because my nipples don't work the same way hers do.  Interesting fact though, some men have been known to develop milk when the mother of a newborn is out of the picture.  Which answers the question from Meet the Parents "I have nipples too, Greg, can you milk me?"  Well, yes.

Fortunately, my wife isn't out of the picture so I'm not becoming some sort of mutant man and lactating.  However, I do advise for future fathers to not mention being tired or wanting a nap if your wife is nursing away all night.  Granted there is a certain logic in the concept that being tired has a threshold and once you surpass it you are equally tired.  For example Phil Laak set the poker record playing for like 5 days straight.  He was tired.  The guy playing 4 days straight he's also tired right?

Can he not complain about being tired?  I'd like to think somewhere along the way, where you are almost falling asleep on yourself, probably, there is a level of tiredness you can't surpass.  I'm obviously not talking about physical exhaustion, or athletic exertion, but just generally sleepiness.  Maybe it's 24 hours without sleep.  Whatever it is, you are fricking tired, and believe me when your kid is up all night, you are fricking tired. 

Now, despite knowing this, don't admit to being tired future dads.  I highly advise against it.  And if you fall asleep, while your wife is nursing, do it with one eye open or risk getting the breast pump affixed to your chest and trying to find out if your nipples will in fact nurse.

POLITICAL RANT:

Got some positive feedback from liberals and conservatives alike about my last political post.  Good to hear most of it was positive and rather then offend everybody more people took it as common ground.

GCP STUFF:

We are also in the process of getting our message board up on the site and (shhhh... on this one) putting together our podcast and getting our cover ready for the yearbook. For reasons that are a little bit outside our control we've been stymied and these things have taken a little bit longer then we'd like. However, I expect things to move pretty quickly, pretty soon.

POKER:

Haven't played much for obvious reasons, see the first couple of paragraphs, and no it has nothing to do with the wetspots that suddenly develop on my shirt when I hear a baby crying.  And once again I deny that my wife put two breast pumps to my chest when I fell asleep last week to cause this rampant lactation. Anyway, when I have played poker can't seem to avoid big hands in the big blinds when I shove. Can't seem to set up against the overpairs either. Oh well, run good is headed my way next time out.

PHILLIES:

I hate baseball but for some reason I love the Phillies.  Hard to explain.  During the grotesque regular season that never ends I could care less about the sport or an individual game's outcome.  Perhaps, I should like it more given my affinity for another competition of partial successs but something about a guy only being performing three out of ten times being a stud has never appealed to me.  I also hate how capricious it is. 

Seems like a five game series often times won't reward the best team.  Seven is probably too few as well.  I know they used to play best out of nine around the turn of the century and that makes more sense.  Course I think they only had two teams in the postseason back then. 

Baseball, like poker can only be measured over a long stretch of time.  Streaks mislead both positively and negatively, and sometimes only the lens of a finished career can accurately describe a player.  The Premier League recognizes the more accurate season long standings as the way to crown a team as a champion.  Our sports should consider celebrating the best records a little more than they do.  Of course our postseasons prohibits that (which is a more compelling argument for the bowl system in college football than most people recognize).  Usually the hottest team wins in many of our sports.  I find it funny when talking heads wonder why wildcard teams are winning a lot of titles of late.  Seems obvious to me.

So, being bored by the regular season I find it odd that I'm so invested in the post-season that... I can't bare to watch the games then either.   Constantly asking who will chance smile on on this day is hard to stomach.   What does that make me?  The worst bandwagon fan possible? 

I was sad to see the Phillies lose to an overwhelming Chris Carpenter and an under-respected Cardinals team.  In a seven game series maybe the Phils win the last two, but the Cardinals were certainly good enough to win just one more.  I found it funny that in Philadelphia fans were calling in to complain about the makeup of a team that...  has won their divison the last five years, each year has bettered their record from the year before, won more games this year than in any year of their franchise, has a world series ring already and a ton of playoff wins...  but the fans think they can't win with them.

U.S. SOCCER

The men's national team gave me great hope when they signed Jurgen Klinnsman to be their manager.  A series of dour performances and a lack of finishing has finally started to make some people question the hire.  I've seen that he has a strange affinity for a couple of players that I can't quite figure out but I'll still give the man time.  It's odd we are struggling when arguably our players have never shone brighter in the foreign leagues. 

Truthfully, us and Mexico talentwise outclass our region and should be in the top 10, top 15 of teams worldwide.  For some reason we are not.  I hate to admit this but our rival Mexico may have their finest grouping of talent ever, and I think they are a legitimate World Cup champion possibility.  We'll see tonight if they hang with Brazil in a game that I think should be a lot of fun to watch.  Oodles of young talent all over the pitch.  Also, scary for us considering how good we are, and how far ahead Mexico is of us.  We need to beat Ecuador in the warm-up game and put some goals away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crapped on the Head and Kicked in the teeth part 2

Corona Virus Tips

Thank You!